Today we checked out the less than a month old Nutella Cafe which had a line down the block — no surprise since according to Eater Over 100 People Reportedly Lined Up for the recent grand opening hoping for a taste, “including bloggers and influencers” (oh hey).
Fortunately, my suave and sharp husband found a way to surpass the line and I’m here to share so you too can enjoy without the wait.
Long story short, it’s worth checking out (especially if you skip the line) and a great destination to take visiting family during the holiday season.
Three tips to make the most of your visit:
- Don’t jump in line! Approach the front door like you own it, and you’ll be directed inside to sample anything from the same menu of those who jumped in line and never bothered to inquire.
- What can you expect? Everything you imagined made from nutella (crepes, croissants, and ice cream) and many items you didn’t but wish you had (popsicles, pastries, french toast).
- Get your items to go. The cafe is nothing special to look at and the sooner you leave with your gelato, the better (it’s the best).
- Hit the Union Square market while you’re nearby. You’ll find everything you need – from last-minute gifts for them to “self-care” gifts for you.
- The kicker… Spend $35 and you get a free jar of nutella.